You are not connected. Please login or register

Turkey Shoot Participation - Info for New Members

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

I'm sorry I was unable to sign up for the Oroville Turkey Shoot. We will be in Oregon visiting my mother-in-law who has been battling cancer.

Unfortunately, it looks like I will not be able to make the Clear Lake event either. We have a big family reunion that weekend.

I know in the past I've mostly fished the Delta events, but it is my intent to make the other events this year.

We had a blast at the Oroville Turkey Shoot and I've had a lot of fun fishing at places other than the Delta this year.

I hope to see more people showing up for the remaining events, and I will do my best to be there myself. I fish these events with my 12 year old daughter, Shasta.

If you've never been to one of the turkey shoots, I hope you will come on down and join us.

Usually, we meet up in the parking lot in the morning and discuss the rules and where we'll meet to weigh-in in the afternoon. Then you go out and fish, just like any other day. At the designated time, we meet up on the water and weigh and release the fish. We then load up the boats and meet in the parking lot and discuss what worked and what didn't. Lastly, we all get to pick a tackle item out of the prize bag courtesy of West Marine. Last time, Shasta got a pack of senkos in a killer color and I picked a snagproof frog.

The get-togethers are very fun and the other anglers are very helpful. If you have questions or concerns about fishing a turkey shoot, give me a call me and I will answer any questions you might have.

You'll never know what you are missing if you don't give it a try. I put off fishing a turkey shoot for a long time and when I finally stepped up, I had a great time and we won our first event! It's been a long time since I won one now, but I've had a good time at the other events and I feel like I'm due for another win soon.....or maybe it's your turn.

I hope you will come out and join us at turkey shoots in the future! I think you will have a good time.

Glenn Underwood
(916)709-8733

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum