You are not connected. Please login or register

Topwater is just around the corner!

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Topwater is just around the corner! on Thu May 27, 2010 11:28 pm

It's almost that time of year when there is a dependable morning topwater bite.

On the Delta, once it warms up a little more the buzzbait bite at first light is usually pretty dependable, especially if the water is not too clear.

My favorite ways to catch topwater fish are buzzbaits, frogs and spooks.

This year I would like to add wake baits to the arsenal as well, but I really don't have much experience with them yet.

Also, I can't wait to do some spook fishing for some of those magnum spots at Bullards Bar.

What are your favorite topwater methods?

View user profile

2 Re: Topwater is just around the corner! on Sun May 30, 2010 10:31 pm

Spooks are my favorite. I like being able to impart my own action to them rather than just casting and reeling in. But, when I get tired of all the work making it walk-the-dog then I like buzzbaits.

View user profile

3 Re: Topwater is just around the corner! on Mon May 31, 2010 9:13 am

Next to sight fishing top water has got to be my favorite too !!!!!! I started in early March on the Delta this year using A/C's and Punkers. I had talked with Matt Allen the big fish GURU and he had been whacking them on the Punkers....After 3 days of throwing that thing with no success I put it away...While looking for something else to throw I found an Excaliber PopR that I hadn't thrown for 10 years..ehh what the heck...It was money..first cast a 3#...I have caught 30+ fish on that thing this year...biggest has only been a 4 but it is a numbers bait...there is something about the small profile and the chug you can make and still keep the bait from moving very far...they dont have to chase it...work it very slow in the pockets of grass and weeds...I'm off to the delta wed-sun..Future Pro Tour has back to back tournies Sat and Sun...If any one goes out and gets on a good bite I'd love to hear it..I'll share what I have found for pre fish...Todd 916 276 3345

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum