You are not connected. Please login or register

Fishing club board of directors

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Fishing club board of directors on Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:09 am

Admin

Admin
It has been suggested several times over the last 1 1/2 years that we have a Board of Directors for our club. It has also been suggested recently that we adopt more formal operating guidelines and goals for our club. Yes, I am all for these efforts. The only reason why we do not have formal officers and a board is because nobody has shown an interest in volunteering.

Recently several new members have shown a sincere interest in helping the club with new ideas and actions. I'm looking forward to doing whatever I can to help them make a positive impact on the club.

Regarding a Board of Directors, how many of you would like to volunteer? It needs to be an odd number for voting purposes. A total of 5 Board members would probably work best considering our size. The Board would presumably meet every few months and discuss issues important to the club: things like our bylaws and goals, club funds, event rules, event planning, membership drives, etc. We can adopt a formal set of Board guidelines now but I think that's probably better for next year when we have our first set of elected officers. And on the subject of 2011 officers, I will not occupy any of those elected positions; I'd rather see other members step up. My 2011 plan is to continue doing the website and mailing list for the School of Bass and our club.

The sooner we get 3 or 5 volunteers, the sooner the Board can start meeting and working to better our club!

2 Re: Fishing club board of directors on Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:16 pm

Lets do It, How many other members want to step up and take part?
Very Happy Very Happy

View user profile

3 Re: Fishing Club Board of Directors on Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:25 pm

I also would be willing to volunteer for such a position. Dave Smile

View user profile

4 Re: Fishing club board of directors on Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:07 am

I would too.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum