You are not connected. Please login or register

June 16 mini-shoot results

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 June 16 mini-shoot results on Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:55 am

Admin

Admin
Beautiful evening on the water, recreational boating traffic not too bad, and good turnout. This time it was feast-or-famine: either you found where the fish were hiding, or you didn't.

Here's the results (weights include .8lb weigh bag):
Chris B. & Glenn Underwood-- 8.85lb, big fish 4.4 (Glenn)
Dave Roper & friend Greg-- 0
Lenny Robison & friend Steve-- 0
Al Golden-- 1 fish but no livewell so did not weigh
Rich Springs--8.80lb (past club member but not current with dues yet--"check coming")

Congratulations to Glenn Underwood for bringing in the big fish on his magic dropshot rig and winning $50. Job well done!

Here's a quick summary of what everyone shared at weigh-in. Chris and Glenn went to the Rock Garden area and fished submerged humps in 20-30' of water, points, and trees. Glenn's big fish was caught in 30' of water off the side of a submerged hump. Rich Springs ran to the eastern side of the dam and got all his 15 fish there (nice work Rich). Dave Roper ran up the N Fork to above the Rattlesnake launch area.

If you fished the event and you want to add where you went and what you tried, post away!

Next mini-shoot coming up in a few weeks, date TBD.

2 Re: June 16 mini-shoot results on Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:06 pm

Chris - I had a good time fishing with you on Folsom Lake. You have really done your homework out there!

Thanks for taking me.

View user profile

3 Good Job Glenn and Chris on Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:19 am

You guys did a great job. I will never let my partner bring a banana again. My partner, Greg had a great time. He had not been fishing in about 30 years. He said he would like to go again some time. I enjoyed myself it was nice seeing you guys on the water not just at a meeting. Whoever said at the last meeting that attending builds friends was very correct. I will encourage all members to get to some event it makes a difference.
Dave Very Happy

View user profile

4 Re: June 16 mini-shoot results on Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:51 am

davidroper wrote:You guys did a great job. I will never let my partner bring a banana again. My partner, Greg had a great time. He had not been fishing in about 30 years. He said he would like to go again some time. I enjoyed myself it was nice seeing you guys on the water not just at a meeting. Whoever said at the last meeting that attending builds friends was very correct. I will encourage all members to get to some event it makes a difference.
Dave Very Happy

Dave is right. It is nice seeing everyone on the water. I learned a lot from Chris and also from seeing the beautiful smallmouth that Rich caught near the dam.

What I took away from the mini-shoot was that the fish at Folsom are willing to bite, you just have to find them.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum